Not only does New Zealand have exceptional hunting opportunities, but it also has a diverse range of sightseeing and adventure activities. We will assist you in choosing quality activities that will enhance your New Zealand experience.
For non-hunters, we can guide you to a range of activities from coastal sightseeing to local winery tours or shopping.
You may wish to spend a few days and take a scenic wilderness flight or a jet boat ride on one of our picturesque alpine rivers - or relax in a lakeside cafe.
What ever your wishes, we can tailor a package to suit.
A scenic flight over the spectacular Milford Sound, Fiordland
Golf at world renowned Milbrook Resort, Arrowtown
Hang tight for an exhilarating jetboat ride, Queenstown
At the conclusion of your hunt or as an addition to your package, we can provide you with several salt water angling or Fiordland wilderness adventure options.
From day trips to fish for groper, shark and tuna off the rainforest clad west coast, to staying two nights on a large, comfortable live aboard boat in the calm, tranquil waters of Fiordland, where you will experience New Zealand's most remote and spectacular piece of coastline. Fish for abundant table species whilst a guide dives for lobster, scallops and paua (abalone), which are served as gourmet cuisine each day of your trip. A truly incredible place that will top off yet another world class adventure with the team at New Zealand Trophy Hunting.
TOP 10 HUNTER HILLS LODGE PDF DOWNLOAD
Things To Do While At Hunter Hills Lodge:
* A must see for wildlife lovers. Just 45 minutes drive from Hunter Hills Lodge we have a colony of Little Blue Penguins, the world’s smallest Penguin. This colony is the easiest place in New Zealand to view good numbers of Blue Penguins. Best viewing is in the evening, and can be combined with a trip to another colony of Yellow Eyed Penguins, and a restaurant meal.
* Just 1 ¼ hours drive from Hunter Hills Lodge is the Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre. Sir Edmund Hilary, a New Zealander, was the first person to climb to the summit of Mount Everest, the world’s highest Mountain. At this Alpine Centre a 3D feature presentation will take you on a visual spectacular that follows the geographical and cultural evolution of Aoraki, Mount Cook (New Zealand’s highest Mountain). Combine with a restaurant meal and spectacular short walks in the Mount Cook National Park.
* Explore the glacial lakes: Get personal with icebergs up close, touch and taste the ancient ice. Explore by sea kayak or guided boat trip. Learn about this fascinating glacial environment which is evolving every day leaving a landscape that resembles the moon!
* For an awesome high country farm experience why not do a fantastic horse trekking tour! Team up with one of the quiet farm hacks and enjoy a guided horse trek riding over tussock and undulating lush farmland while soaking in the stunning scenery and views from the mountains to the sea.
* Skiing and boarding: powder snow, friendly people and uncrowded slopes. We have ski areas just a short drive away from our hunting area and Lodge. Our ski season starts in June and finishes in September, so it may be possible to combine some snow sport with your hunting.
* 30 minutes drive from Hunter Hills Lodge the most spectacular soaring on Earth! This unique environment is created by the Southern Alps of New Zealand with crystal clear air, extraordinary wave systems and world class thermals. Enjoy some of the world's best soaring conditions amongst arguably the world's most beautiful and spectacular mountains.
* Heli bike trips combine the excitement of a helicopter flight in the spectacular Mt Cook region, New Zealand, with the adventure of a mountain bike ride down high country farm tracks.
* Take an awe-inspiring scenic flight into the heart of the Southern Alps. Get up close to Mount Cook (New Zealand’s highest peak, 3,750 Metres.) See the world’s longest glaciers. Experience a snow landing in some of the world’s best scenery. These spectacular flights will provide all people, regardless of age and physical ability, the opportunity to experience our remote alpine regions without requiring any infra-structure such as roads, tracks, and huts, and without leaving any lasting trace.
* “Shop till ya drop” get those special items to take back home. Take a personally guided shopping tour. Carla or one of our local ladies will take you to the hot spots. Clothing and local handcrafts, prints, dried and silk flowers, candles, tin signs, lamps, china, cane ware and lots of the unusual deco items for your home. Great stop-offs like; Riverstone, The Wrinkly Ram and Shearer’s Quarters.